Tuesday, October 3rd at 6 P.M. at the Oak Ridge Neighborhood Park Meet & Greet Your Neighbors! Support your Leander Police Department! Help Prevent Crime with Oak Ridge Neighborhood Watch! Celebrate Police and Community Partnerships! FREE Bicycle Registration with Leander Police Department: https://goo.gl/ysxfWQ
- Hot Dog Pot Luck – bring a side to share if you can (not required) SMORES!
- Bounce House, Bubble Machine & more for the kids!
- Oak Ridge Swimming Pool will be Open Until 10:00 p.m.
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes policecommunity partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. Furthermore, it provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances. It is our opportunity to pass on information to you about anti-crime programs and drug prevention awareness. The gatherings tell criminals that the neighborhoods are organized and are fighting back.
National Night Out: PORCH LIGHT Contest
If you will not be in town for National Night Out. That’s Ok! Just leave your porch light on October 3, 2017, help your community prevent crime! Register it at: https://www.leandertx.gov/webform/national-night-out-porch-light-registration-form , and you will be counted as participating. We would love to see our citizens participating! One grand prize winner will be randomly selected and win a $100.00 gift card to Longhorn Steakhouse. Registration ends at 6 P.M. on October 3, 2017. The winner will be selected on October 4, 2017 and notified on October 5, 2017 via email or Facebook. (Contest is open to residents within the City of Leander’s city limits jurisdiction only.)
National Night Out Photo Contest
Help the City of Leander and the Leander Police Department compete for recognition from the National Association of Town Watch by sending your photos of Leander NNO 2017 activities. One grand prize winner will be chosen and win a $100 gift card to Longhorn Steakhouse.
• Take photographs of your neighborhood National Night Out party on Tuesday, October 3, 2017, then email your best 5 shots to the Leander Community Services Unit at (link sends e-mail) email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
• Each photo should include at least one of the following: National Night Out logo, law enforcement representative, LPD volunteers, LPD Explorers, police cars or other apparatus – just about anything that shows what your neighborhood did on National Night Out 2017.
• Photos must be digital 300dpi JPG images.
• Photographer’s name must be included in the file names. (Example: NNO2017_JohnDoe.jpg)
• Name and contact information must be included in the body of the e-mail, along with information about each photo. (“i.e. Oak Ridge HOA block-party, John Doe in his National Night Out hat,” etc.)
• Photos will be judged by volunteers on NNO theme, creativity, neighborhood involvement and overall impression.
Deadline to submit photos is Sunday, October 08, 2017 @ 5 P.M.
The Grand Prize winner will be chosen and announce Friday, October 13, 2017. By submitting your photos, you are giving the Leander Police Department your permission to use them in the National Night Out competition book, the LPD website, LPD social media, and any other publication of the Leander Police Department or the National Association of Town Watch (NATW) for the purposes of promoting National Night Out and police – community partnerships.